Cerulea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cerulea is a collaborative furry worldbuilding project, and play-by-post roleplaying game set in a world of floating islands and magical crystals that power technology and magic.

HomePortalPediaLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Phisc, Bovines of the Skies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Phisc, Bovines of the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Phisc, Bovines of the Skies   Phisc, Bovines of the Skies Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 12:36 pm

We have a problem. The carnivorous populations can't be feeding on their herbivorous neighbors, especially in the Albean Empire. Albean feudal warfare is more ritual than real conflict. So here is a solution: phisc!

What is a phisc? Imagine a red tuna with six lobster limbs on its belly and a pair of dragonfly wings. The phisc fly in schools, and feed on aerial plankton that breed in the areas where island rivers fall into. A common livestock in the islands of the Albean Empire, phisc meat is called rhind. Rhind jerky is a common wayfarer food. Smoked rhind is a delicacy served during the festive seasons of the Albean Empire.
Back to top Go down
https://cerulea.rpg-board.net
Cricetus

Cricetus

PostSubject: Re: Phisc, Bovines of the Skies   Phisc, Bovines of the Skies Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 9:49 pm

Sounds good to me, although I'd always presumed that there were non-sentient versions of many species, as in the RW, that all* agreed were food animals.

*except the most radical planteaters.
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Phisc, Bovines of the Skies   Phisc, Bovines of the Skies Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 9:50 am

I wanted to make this world stands out more by taking most animals off-island. There are more air than land in this universe, so lifeforms would adapt themselves for flight in most cases. Except for the sentient cerulites, most humanoid lifeforms are transported into this world through portals and nations here arose as their descendants.
Back to top Go down
Cricetus

Cricetus

PostSubject: Re: Phisc, Bovines of the Skies   Phisc, Bovines of the Skies Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 9:57 pm

I presume there must be aerial predators then who would take advantage of them... and I wonder effect this all has on the "terrestrial" ecosystems...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phisc, Bovines of the Skies   Phisc, Bovines of the Skies Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 6:23 pm

There will be definitely predators! You have ideas? Guys, what do you have?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phisc, Bovines of the Skies   Phisc, Bovines of the Skies Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 6:28 pm

Phisc article is up! Click [here].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phisc, Bovines of the Skies   Phisc, Bovines of the Skies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phisc, Bovines of the Skies
Page 1 of 1