Cerulea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cerulea is a collaborative furry worldbuilding project, and play-by-post roleplaying game set in a world of floating islands and magical crystals that power technology and magic.

HomePortalPediaLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Talk To Me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Aliss

Talk To Me Empty
PostSubject: Talk To Me   Talk To Me Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 5:36 pm

I never intended that my first words here should be "Erm. Hi?"

But those are the exact words in my mind right now. Where do I get started? Perhaps I should read more on Cerulea before actually jumping into anything? Am I alone here?

Questions, questions.

Anyway since I'm here & got nothin to lose, let me be the first here to say Hello.

Hello! =)
Back to top Go down
http://charlemaine.deviantart.com
Tommy

Talk To Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk To Me   Talk To Me Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 6:28 pm

Hi Red!

We are always excited about new arrivals! Lemme try to answer your questions to the best of my capabilities.

For the moment, Cerulea is still in its infancy, and we need a lot of help to flesh out the world a bit. And, yes, the best thing to do right now is to read the few threads we have here, and try your best to contribute in each discussion. If no discussion has been started over a subject, you could begin by proposing what could be in that subject. If you need more instructions, you can go to the forum's Portal, and get what you can get from there. Also, we already have a few articles up in the Wiki. Those are good reads as well before you begin contributing. Once a subject is finalized in forum discussion, the info will go up the wiki as game canon.

In the RPG area, you have these options: 1) play a character; 2) play an organization/group/nation; 3) do all these at once. If you are not familiar with Option 2-type RP, do not worry, because it is actually quite easy. Once you have designed the inner workings of the group or nation, you can then proceed to breathe life into that group through the perspective of individual character stories and have the leaders of your group or nation interact in RP with neighboring groups or nations' leaders that trade with yours. If you worry you do not have the time, I would say, do not worry, again. Building a character, a story and even a nation is not something you could finish within the hours of a day. As you can see, this is a project for the long term, and so we expect to build long term relationships with contributors. Should you decide to play a group or nation, you will be given a forum to organize your stories within it.

If you need more instructions, simply ask.

Regards,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
Cricetus

Cricetus

Talk To Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk To Me   Talk To Me Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 7:04 pm

Hello there!

Let me add my welcome to Tommy's too! You certainly aren't alone - I hadn't posted here because I know Tommy from another project like this, and more importantly because I post less often than I'd like due to the demands of work!

I'd echo Tommy really. Read up what there is, and think "how can I add to that?" If you draw a blank at that, ask what's missing that you'd expect to find? That might give you some inspiration. Have a good look at the options and see what grabs you.

Take your time and don't be afraid to start small, you never know where things will lead! I've only claimed a Barony, a small patch, but the ideas about Sters and Shrewds have snow-balled a bit, making them (Sters especially) a widespread race, which makes it easier for others to play with (although I'm a little more protective about Shrewds!)

I've done something like this before, and I know for me writing multi-part, multi-character stories works best by working on small pieces, often with very little idea about how, or even if they fit, at all... for me the links just fall into place, although I know other people who need clearly developed plots. If you've never dome this before take your time and you'll probably find your style soon enough. (And if you have you can tell me where I'm wrong! Smile )

It's meant to be fun, engaging, and, I'd guess not too serious!

And when in doubt ask! We may not have the answers yet, or we may, but I hope we're a friendly bunch.
Back to top Go down
Red Aliss

Talk To Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk To Me   Talk To Me Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 11:34 am

Thank you both for your friendly replies! I'll try to see where i can get started. Maybe do some reading in the wiki section 1st.

Much love -
Red
Back to top Go down
http://charlemaine.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Talk To Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk To Me   Talk To Me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk To Me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cerulea :: General Discussion :: Introduction and orientation-