Cerulea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cerulea is a collaborative furry worldbuilding project, and play-by-post roleplaying game set in a world of floating islands and magical crystals that power technology and magic.

HomePortalPediaLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In line Advertising on this Forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cricetus

Cricetus

In line Advertising on this Forum Empty
PostSubject: In line Advertising on this Forum   In line Advertising on this Forum Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 4:56 pm

Question Is the advertising something that we have to have here, something that is optional, or actually a hack attack?
Back to top Go down
Cricetus

Cricetus

PostSubject: Re: In line Advertising on this Forum   In line Advertising on this Forum Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 4:57 pm

How odd! As soon as I posted that I seems to have disappeared!
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: In line Advertising on this Forum   In line Advertising on this Forum Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 6:17 pm

But I have seen no ads using both the Admin and common member accounts.
Back to top Go down
Cricetus

Cricetus

PostSubject: Re: In line Advertising on this Forum   In line Advertising on this Forum Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 11:16 am

It was the sort that places links on keywords on the front page that gave pop-up boxes if you placed the mouse over them.

I know I saw them, because I checked. They were on "magic" and "race" and a couple of other words I can't remember. I don't know if I was logged in or not, but they were most definitely there. Very strange.

EDIT: I've just checked while not logged in. They are on "magic", "race", "uncharted" and "technology". I presume this is a free forum and it's their way of funding the operation...
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: In line Advertising on this Forum   In line Advertising on this Forum Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 12:26 pm

I've been a guest, an admin and a normal member, and such ads did not pop up. I suspect you might have a malware in your PC.
Back to top Go down
Cricetus

Cricetus

PostSubject: Re: In line Advertising on this Forum   In line Advertising on this Forum Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 6:37 pm

Unlikely, but I'll double check, of course.
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: In line Advertising on this Forum   In line Advertising on this Forum Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 5:17 am

Has anyone else experience the same issue other than Cricetus? Please, respond.
Back to top Go down
Red Aliss

PostSubject: Re: In line Advertising on this Forum   In line Advertising on this Forum Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 6:38 am

No issue. No ads. Can't see shit, cap'n. =)

It just might be malware....I'm perfectly ignorant as to how this would be achieved though. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://charlemaine.deviantart.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In line Advertising on this Forum   In line Advertising on this Forum Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 5:43 am

I suppose I should read the newsletters more diligently. The free forum provider says: we have had ads, but removed them in compensation for the accidental removal of your gallery pictures! For an indefinite period of time.
Back to top Go down
https://cerulea.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In line Advertising on this Forum   In line Advertising on this Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In line Advertising on this Forum
Page 1 of 1